A licensed pest control technician can get to the source of a problem; eliminating insect and rodent nests. At-home products simply aren’t as efficient, especially if you do not locate and attack hidden nests. Here are 5 reasons why you may need a professional pest control service.
- Moisture: Insects are just like us; water is the key to their survival. ALL homes have high moisture areas and that is where the pests are most likely to live and breed. Kitchens, bathrooms, condensation on pipes in the wall, soggy yards, and even unknown water leaks are a haven for insects and rodents.
- Ouch!: Some insects can produce quite a bite. Bedbugs and spiders will creep up on you while you’re asleep, while mosquitoes, bees and wasps don’t care what you’re doing! They’re there to sting and a professional pest control technician is here to help.
- Sanitation: The most well-known disease spread by insects in America is the West Nile Virus carried by mosquitoes. There are several other common issues brought by household pests that people unknowingly expose themselves to every day. Mice spread the hantavirus, a severe, and sometimes fatal, respiratory disease. While bedbugs do not spread diseases to humans, they will cause irritation and possible infections with their bites. Roaches leave droppings and shed skin and wings all over homes. Those will then become air born and can cause, or irritate existing, asthma cases.
- Damage: Carpenter ants are prevalent in the Midwest and they cause as much damage as termites. Lesser known damaging insects are carpet beetles and silverfish, which are attracted to organic fibers and will feast on carpets, clothes, and couches.
- Hazard: Pest control products are safe to use in a home as long as they are used CORRECTLY. Leave it to the Xperts!